Saturday 31 May 2008

Mrs E is born

8th May 2008

The day I picked up my camera.
It was a beautiful Spring morning and I was taking my girl to nursery with the baby in the buggy. As we stepped out of the door, I spotted some packaging propped up against the railings in my road. I suddenly thought of my camera, still in my bag from the weekend outing, I took it out and click, the first picture:
Dumped packaging

Having dropped off the little one, I carried on with my stroll. A beautiful morning, and there, at the bottom of the street my daughters nursery is on, this charming ensemble:

Dumped rubbish

A friend spotted me and stopped to congratulate me on my tirade on the local website. As we surveyed the scene, a woman helpfully added a can of beer to the pile, at 9.30 in the morning.

I carried on, snapping pictures, coming across these in the next street:

Microwaves in the morning

Getting home I obviously reported all I had seen but I needed to do more so I uploaded the pictures to Flickr and the Harringay housewife's new campaigning alter ego was born,
Mrs E was going to have her say.

No comments: